UPSC Prelims Mains FACTS
- GenoVault is a centralized genomic repository for researchers using private cloud infrastructure.
- GenoVault has enormous importance in healthcare and is of great use in personalized medicine also.
- GenoVault provides a genomics repository with easy to use interfaces and Cloud based services.
- GenoVault is supported by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India.
- The infrastructure is supported by the BRAF facility under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
Lunar Polar Exploration mission (LUPEX)
- It is a robotic lunar mission by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
- The mission aims to send a lunar rover and lander to explore the south pole region of the Moon in 2024.
- JAXA is likely to provide the under-development H3 launch vehicle and the rover while ISRO would be responsible for the lander for this mission.
Shetrunjay Hills Reserve Forest
- Shetrunjay Hills Reserve Forest is located in Gujarat.The hills are located on the banks of river Shetrunji and are considered as a sacred hill by Jains.
- These hills are similar to other hills where Jain temples have been built in Gwalior, Mount Abu, Bihar and Girnar.
- The reserve forest is a patch of hilly, dry and deciduous forest.It is home to Asiatic lions and leopards as well as herbivores such as blue bulls.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization:
- 8 Member States: China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India, Pakistan.
- 4 Observer States: Afghanistan, Belarus, Iran, Mongolia.
- The tri-Service integrated defence staff under the defence ministry is two-day “IndSpaceEx”, with all military and scientific stakeholders.
- Aim: to assess the requisite space and counter-space capabilities that are needed by India to ensure we can protect our national security interests in this final frontier of warfare